Where To Begin
There is so much information out there and getting to grips with what is relevant can be mind boggling! In order to offer some clarity and cut the wheat from the chaff, we have bought together some articles and guides that we feel may assist those new to 3d printing also known as additive manufacturing.
As a start you need to understand the fundamental elements of the technology, no getting round this and we have here A Comprehensive Introduction to 3D Printing Technology and 3DPI’s Beginner’s Guide to 3D Printing, which offers a sound starting point followed by some Top 3D Printing Beginner Tips .
There are many different types of 3D Printers available, from low cost home printers to expensive high-end corporate printers capable of printing using multiple materials.
There is a wide range of things to consider when purchasing a 3D printer, some of the main considerations are:
- The printing technology used by the printer, as this affects the quality of the objects produced.
- Resolutions that the printers produce models using, again this affects the quality.
- Print speeds, determines how long you will need to wait for the printer, and also influences the quality.
- Printer Size, if you have limited space make sure the printer won’t be too big.
- The Build Size, this determines how big an object it can produce.
- Price of the machine, generally the more expensive the machine, the better quality objects it produces.
- Price of materials, the prices of the plastics, resins, powders, etc can vary a lot.
New makes and models of printer are constantly being developed and introduced to the market, here we highlight some of the printers that are currently available and a few that are soon to be released.
We hope you find this information useful, if you do drop us a line and by all means if you come across some interesting articles let us know and we will share them. Source: www.3dprinterhelp.co.uk; www.3dprintingforbeginners.com